Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Monday, March 24, 2008

This week I learned about photoshop instead of video editing. I thoroughly enjoyed the Photoshop program. I thought it was amazing to be able to take a picture apart and place pieces of the picture inside another picture. I also thought the tools were great as well. The shading, smudging, and blurring are all tools that could be very useful on different occasions. Adding text to the picture and resizing it was also another feature that could hlp make pictures more exciting. I created a picture with my dogs. Since I only have a picture of the dogs in seperate pictures, I cut out two of the dogs from the pictures and pasted them into a picture that I had already currently had taken. The picture turnd out cute! How could I use this on my website? I really haven't decided of it would be appropriate for the websites I have created. If I decide to add a picture using photoshop, I will know how to use the program. That is pretty much where I currently stand with photoshop.

The goals I have created for myself this week were hard to accomplish
  • We did not have any class readings. But, I did get to download the flash program and watch some of the videos Melissa created in regards to using Photoshop. I watched them before going to class, which helped tremendously because I knew what I was getting into before I went to class. So, when the skills were being usedin class I could remember the video clips.
  • We did not learn about video editing therefore I could not meet that goal.
  • More ways to create a better website... That is an ongoing process. So, Ihave decided to completely revamp the first website. Since I had the opprotunity to download the FTP Program from the SIUE website, I will have the chance the really rethink this website. I want to change the layout and the navigation on the site. I want to make it so I do not have to scroll down the page much. But, this is just a few thoughts that have come to mind.

My goals for the next week.

  • Continue thinking about changes to my website.
  • Learn about video editinng.

No comments: