Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday, March 17, 2008

First, in regards to last week. The objectives I completed are buy a USB Flash and email Melissa my web address. I have not had a chance to FTP the files yet. I am hoping soon, but it depends on the schedule throughout the week.

This week I had some difficulty getting into blackboard, so reading before the class meeting was impossible. I did go to school and get some work done. I was able to make some changes to the 2nd website and add a bookmark.

In regards to my first website, I was able to save my work on the USB Flash drive that I had bought earlier in the week. I also created folders on the drive to keep both websites separate.

My goals for next week are the following:

  • simply to read the class readings by Sunday
  • learn about video editing in class
  • continue thinking of ways to change my first website

This week we met vitually but I went to school anyway. I did get some work done as stated above. But, we had the opportunity to discuss the web style guide and web design principles. After reading the selections, I almost wish I had this guide in the beginning. It could have helped me to be more organized in the direction I was moving with the website. Also, the web design principles was another interesting factor in developing a website. Each principle made me wonder about my site.

  • Is my site an HTML site?
  • Do I have structural, presentational elements, or both?
  • Can I navigate my pages by using my keyboard?
  • Do I have images, different fonts, tables, or any other multimedia?
  • Do I have any pitfalls?

All of these questions helped me to rethink my site. I am also going to make changes as I said earlier and this will help me to move in a better direction.

Lastly, after reviewing the peers websites, I am very impressed with the ability of things that can be created. I just want to know how some of the things were created. I am going to email the peers that I was to review and see if they can give me any tips.

No comments: