Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3, 2008

Today I received my first rubric for my blogging journal. I had noticed I have not blogged in a few weeks which is probably why I received a poor grade. I am disappointed in myself for not being more responsible in regards to blogging. I do plan on remembering to blog for here on out. Following the rubric is also another key factor.

What to do this week:
  • I am going to try the Live classroom for the first time.
  • Add more details to my first website.
  • Begin my second website, at least one page.
  • Blog more throughout the week.

Thoughts, Concerns, Struggles:

First of all I am concerned about my grade. I am struggling with the blogging journal. The journal is not a hard task, but easy to forget to do. I am not used to using a blogging journal. I am struggling to work on my websites because I do not have access at home to use the Front Page Program or the FTP program. I am going to try to download the FTP program to use at my house. I would like to set up my second website to use Microsoft word but I am not familiar with that process either. Lastly, I am going to FINALLY buy a FlashDrive this week. It will help me so I do not have to zip and unzip my files when I am working at school.

Class Readings

Last week the sites that were to be read were very intersting. I enjoyed learning about the different netwoked communications. I enjoyed the discussion board and reading the other students' discusions. I put my own comments in at some points on the topics I thought were interesting to me.

The live chat room was very intersting to me. It did go very fast though. I kept getting lost and I was not a fast enough typer to keep up. But I did enjoy it. I could read other peoples thoughts and heard that other had the same ideas as myself. I did learn that I need to put more thought into my second site. My first site should be fine for now. It probably needs more information, but it is time to begin the next site.

No comments: