Monday, April 14, 2008

April 7, 2008

This week as been a very productive week. I have met all of my goals from last week. I am very impressed with the content I have learned so far in class.

This week's goal that I met are the following:

  • I have FTP'd first website on my own from the house
  • I have added a new themed background to my second website and added buttons
  • I have been looking at the rubric as I slowly muddle my way through the website.

I keep making changes and keep making changes. I will find something I like and that is appropriate for the rubric the more I work with the site. It is a continual work in progress.

My goals for next week as follows:

  • Change the font on the second website to make it match throughout the site.
  • Keep adding the sources on the first website.
  • Continually looking at the rubric as I move forward with my sites.

The readings for the week that caught my attention and the points I noticed were as follows:

  • I believe that if you add enough color and intersting pictures toa site it will strike a person's curiosity. Also beginning my asking the right question may also strike curiosity, almost like a webquest. Hook the reader, create a conflict, allow time for questions, allow students to choose the interst to them, and lastly give students the choice within a particular interst area.
  • Distance learning takes discipline and effort to succeed. Even though you may do just as well or if not better than if you were actually sitting in a class.
  • What is the best way to meet all the needs of your students? That is a typical question from any teacher. I believe allowing stepping stones and branches that lead the student in a positive way to learning. Even if it means more time or research for a project. Possibly even creating dirrent levels to a website for those who need help in different areas.

No comments: